April 12, 2013 – The 2013 Salt Lake City Marathon is on Saturday, April 20 and will impact access to and from campus during the early morning hours. The race begins under the George S. Eccles Legacy Bridge on Wasatch Drive.
6:00 a.m.: Bike Tour
6:10 a.m.: Wheelchair and Hand Cycle start
7:00 a.m.: Marathon and Half Marathon joint start
About 7,000 people will be in the area of Legacy Bridge, including participants, spectators and support staff. Event operations will be located at the Tanner Dance lot. Porta potties will be located on the east side of Wasatch Drive.
PARKING FOR PARTICIPANTS, GUESTS AND MARATHON STAFF
- LDS Institute lot
- Lots surrounding McCarthey Field
- O-zone lot
- Lot north of Merrill Engineering
- Mario Capecchi Dr., South Campus Dr. to Medical Dr. South for set up and cleanup: 4:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Wasatch Drive, Ballif Road to Mario Capecchi Dr., for set up and cleanup: 4:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- South Campus Dr., Research Road at intersection with Mario Capecchi Dr.: 6:00 a.m. – 6:20 a.m. and 7 a.m. – 7:20 a.m.
(Officers will assist crossing traffic as spacing between participants allows.)
- South on Mario Capecchi Drive to Foothill
- Southeast (LEFT) on Foothill to 2100 East
- Merge onto 2100 East, head south on 2100 to 1300 South
- East (LEFT) on 1300 South to Foothill
- Southeast (RIGHT) on Foothill to 2300 East
- South (RIGHT) on 2300 East to 2100 South
- West (LEFT) on 2100 South to Sugarhouse Park
Through Fort Douglas via Hempstead Road and Fort Douglas Blvd.
Northbound Foothill Dr. will be open except at Mario Capecchi Dr. when participants are exiting campus to turn south onto Foothill Dr.
Research Park roads, 100 South and North Campus Dr. are not affected.
For additional information, call Mike Richards, university police supervisor for the event, at 801-585-2728.