November 17, 2006 — The battle against hunger is once again being waged during rivalry week this year and organizers on both sides of the annual Utah/BYU Food Drive are hoping for a win. Ute fans are being encouraged do the RED thing and fill up the Utah Food Bank, while creaming the Cougars.
Last year’s food drive was a big success and record amounts of food and money were raised. University of Utah organizer John Fackler says he hopes to build on that momentum. “Everyone worked hard last year to ensure Utah’s needy families received the food they needed during the holiday season. Even with that success, the Utah Food Bank reports food requests are also up and we can’t let up on our efforts,” said Fackler.
The Food Drive will continue through next Saturday’s Utah/BYU football game. Here’s how people can help:
- Make a monetary donation online at www.alumni.utah.edu or in person at the Alumni House.
- Donate cans and other nonperishable food items to the Alumni House at 155 S. Central Campus Drive or to other Food Drive pick-up sites around campus.
- At Del Taco locations, donate $1 at the cashier; choose a “Utah U” for the restaurant to display.
- Bring donations (cash or check) to the Utah-BYU game on November 25 at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
- Buy a Utah “U” at the University Bookstore for $1 or make a monetary donation.
- Make a monetary donation at any area Rocky Mountain Chevy Dealer.
For more information, call the Alumni Association at 581-6995 or go online to www.alumni.utah.edu.