UMC Links

Public Meeting to Discuss Proposed Tuition Increase

March 4, 2011 -A meeting will be held to discuss a proposed increase in student tuition beginning the summer term of 2011. The meeting will be held on the University of Utah campus from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 in the East Ballroom of the Olpin Union building and is open to the public.

Administration officials will be available to answer questions on the proposal to raise second-tier tuition in the range of 2 to 4 percent, assuming a potential increase in first-tier tuition of 5 percent. The total increase would be in the 7 to 9 percent range. Actions taken by the legislature subsequent to this announcement may make it possible to be more definitive regarding the tuition increase.