teitelbaum

Law Prof, Former Dean Lee Teitelbaum Dies

Lee E. Teitelbaum, Hugh B. Brown Professor of Law at the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, died Wednesday, September 22, 2004 in Salt Lake City after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 63. Read More

September, 2004 from the U

Lectures on New Diseases, Biodefense

The University of Utah is launching a series of monthly lectures dealing with emerging infectious diseases – SARS, new flu strains, hantavirus and others – and our defenses against those diseases and bioterrorism. Read More

New Walkway Dedicated to University Heroes, Family, Friends

Heroes come in many different forms, each with their own unique contribution to society, but too often they are forgotten. Now there is place where the University of Utah’s heroes can be honored and remembered each day as people pass by. The U will dedicate what it simply calls The Walkway, Saturday, Sept. 25 at 11:15 a.m. The ceremony will be held at the site of the commemorative footpath on the east side of the George S. Eccles Legacy Bridge at Fort Douglas and will be preceded by an open house beginning at 10:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served. Read More

sentrxsigning

U of U, Sentrx Surgical awarded by National Institutes of Health

The University of Utah and Sentrx Surgical, Inc., a company incorporated in March 2004, jointly announced today that they have received two Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). On September 1, 2004, Sentrx Surgical and the University of Utah signed a license agreement that gives the company exclusive, world-wide rights to the use of a proprietary technology invented by Dr. Glenn Prestwich at the University of Utah. The STTR program makes research awards to small businesses that collaborate with research universities on promising health-related technologies. Phase I projects are for $100,000 for one year with 40% of the funds typically remaining to support work in the company and the other 60% sub-contracted to the university. Read More

Lois Greenfield

Paul Taylor Dance Company\’s Utah Performance to be at U of U\’s Kingsbury Hall

World-renowned Paul Taylor Dance Company, established in 1954, will celebrate a half century of dancing with a 21-month tour, “50 Years-50 States,” during which the troupe will perform in every state in the country. The company’s only Utah performance will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 12, at 7:30 p.m. at the University of Utah’s Kingsbury Hall. Read More